The Midwife’s Labour and Birth Handbook 4th Edition
- File Size: 19.52 MB
- Format: EPUB
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 4 edition (January 30, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119235111
- ISBN-13: 978-1119235118
Login is required
By Vicky Chapman(Author, Editor), Cathy Charles(Author, Editor) Praise for the previous edition: “…An outstanding handbook. It will be a familiar volume on most midwifery bookshelves, providing an excellent guide to midwifery focused care of both woman and child in the birthing setting.” – Nursing Times Online Providing a practical and comprehensive guide to midwifery care, The Midwife’s Labour and Birth Handbook continues to promote best practice and a safe, satisfying birthing experience with a focus on women-centred care. Covering all aspects of care during labour and birth, from obstetric emergencies to the practicalities of perineal repair (including left-hand suturing), the fourth edition has been fully revised and updated to include:
- Full colour photographs of kneeling extended breech and footling breech births
- New water birth and breech water birth photographs
- Female genital mutilation
- Group B streptococcus
- Care of the woman with diabetes /Neonatal hypoglycaemia
- Mental health
It also addresses important issues such as:
- Why are the numbers of UK women giving birth in stirrups RISING rather than falling?
- Why are so few preterm babies given bedside resuscitation with the cord intact?
- Would the creation of midwife breech practitioners/specialists enable more women to choose vaginal breech birth and is breech water birth safe?
- What is the legal position for women who choose to free birth – and their birth partners?
- Why are midwives challenging the OASI care bundle?
Incorporating research, evidence and anecdotal observations, The Midwife’s Labour and Birth Handbook remains an essential resource for both student midwives and experienced practising midwives.